Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Reflections on the Day After... (2014 Elections)

Many of my Republican friends are praising God for the landslide elections, declaring that God has answered their prayers--and that has caused me to begin to reflect on the matter of political elections.
When President Obama was elected I heard the same praises to God expressed. Many declared their prayers had been answered. God had broken down barriers and opened doors. God made a way where there was no way! Tears of joy flowed and praises ascended to God.
There are godly people who happen to be Democrats. I'm not one of them (by that I mean, I'm not a Democrat, but I do aspire to be godly)... but IMO God had just as much to do in the election that brought Obama into the White House as God did in this election. It is difficult for me to believe that God takes sides.
The inability for so many of my Christian friends to see all that God is doing breaks my heart. When we put on our political blinders or our denominational blinders we limit God or, perhaps better said, we limit our ability to see all that God is doing.
God works beyond our understanding and beyond our self-imposed boundaries, whether denominational or political. Until we are able to see that, we can only claim and worship a limited God because we limit God to our understanding, our side of an issue, our interpretation of scripture.

COMMENTS CAN NOT BE MADE TO THIS BLOG. If anyone can help me figure out why, I would appreciate the help.  Until then, email me or find me on facebook for your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment